New Law Society Rules for BC Lawyers – Effective July 1st, 2015
The revised and consolidated Law Society Rules 2015 – adopted by The Benchers of The Law Society of British Columbia under the authority of the Legal Profession Act, S.B.C. 1998, c. 9, will be effective as of July 1st, 2015.
Primary objectives of the revision and consolidation are to:
- Re-number all rules and sub rules inconsecutive whole number order to eliminate decimal numbering
- Add headings to cross-references to aid reconition
- Consider the logical placement of provisions and relocate as necessary
- Ensure consistency and economy of language
- Identify substantive issues for consideration outside of the consolidation project
HUB International Professional
HUB International PROFESSIONAL LAWYERS’ specialists are based in Vancouver and are focused on delivering the best coverage, best value and best service, with winning solutions for small, medium and large firms.
Original article source: The Law Society of British Columbia